View of the Mosaic in Rosental 16 from the Rindermarkt
Mosaic, Rosental 16
The late gothic armoury, which has been used as a city museum since 1888, was expanded in the 1920s and 1930s. After severe damage in the Second World War, an extension with a large courtyard was added to the northeast from 1959 to 1964 by architect Gustav Gsaenger (1900 to 1989). Gsaenger makes multiple references to historical buildings in the city through his facade designs. Above the access to the arcades, along the Rosental valley, his daughter Angela (1929 to 2011) created a four-storey mosaic with an early modern city view of Munich. Another large work by Angela Gsaenger from 1955 is on the rear wall of the chancel of Munich’s Matthäuskirche (Matthäus Church).
Die Standorterkennung ist fehlgeschlagen.
Bitte prüfen Sie die Standortfreigaben Ihres Browsers und/oder die Systemeinstellungen Ihres Gerätes.