View on the TeLa Post Office towards the south, 2016
Facade of the 'TeLa Post Office'
TeLa Post Office
The post office on Tegernseer Platz was opened in 1929, destroyed in the Second World War and later rebuilt true to the original. Its strictly functional design - a white cube - is in contrast to the Wilhelminian style buildings in the neighborhood. At the time of its construction, the building was celebrated as a successful expression of 'Neues Bauen' or 'new building'. Back then, lively discussions ensued and the building was mocked by opponents as a ‘postbox‘. TeLa Post Office, however, anticipated a design language that is now an integral part of modern urban architecture. The name of the monument has a very simple derivation: Tegernseer Landstrasse (TeLa) Post Office.
Builder: Deutsche Bundespost
Architecture: Robert Vorhoelzer, Walther Schmidt and Hans Schnetzer
Conversion: 2002: Christoph Seiffert
Michael Nagy/LHM, Edward Beierle/MGS
Die Standorterkennung ist fehlgeschlagen.
Bitte prüfen Sie die Standortfreigaben Ihres Browsers und/oder die Systemeinstellungen Ihres Gerätes.