The painter and graphic artist Max Lacher (1905 to 1988) also designed the facade of the Beck department store. It was founded in 1861 by the former Bavarian court supplier Ludwig Beck. After the war, the original town hall corner store, Am Rathauseck, was rebuilt in 1954. In 1956 the facade was designed using a complex technique with sgraffito and stone inlay. The geometric ornaments echo the diamond shapes that often decorated palace facades of the Renaissance. Between these motifs, a seller demurringly presents fabric to a distinguished customer. Today, the facade is a particularly tasteful and appealing billboard for the department store on Marienplatz.
Die Standorterkennung ist fehlgeschlagen.
Bitte prüfen Sie die Standortfreigaben Ihres Browsers und/oder die Systemeinstellungen Ihres Gerätes.